Previous generation engines discontinued after March 31, 2019
Several Carmanah Traffic beacon engines are headed towards retirement, but their powerful replacements are already in production and ready for new orders.
The R247C/R247, R829C/R829, and R820C/R820 will no longer be available after March 31, 2019, or when stock runs out, whichever happens first. All customers are encouraged to choose from their upgraded equivalents, which were released in 2018 and listed in the chart below.
Which product works for your project
To see which product you can replace your previous engine with, review the chart below.
|Previous Product||Replacement Product||Specs|
|R247-E||Solar-powered 24-hour flashing beacon with 13 W solar panel|
|R247-F||Solar-powered 24-hour flashing beacon with 30 W solar panel|
|R829-E||Solar-powered school zone flashing beacon with 13 W solar panel|
|R829-F||Solar-powered school zone flashing beacon with 30 W solar panel|
|R820-E||Solar-powered crosswalk flashing beacon with 13 W solar panel|
|R820-F||Solar-powered crosswalk flashing beacon with 30 W solar panel|
Why the upgrade?
These next-generation engines are being offered at the same price point, but with several additional benefits listed below:
- Durability. Steel components were replaced with aluminum to avoid rusting (check out our video below to learn more about our new components).
- Compliance. These are higher intensity systems, ensuring compliance with applicable regulations.
- Consistency. The previous dip and rotary switches were replaced with the LED display and keypad that other Carmanah Traffic products have. This ensures easy-to-use, consistent programming across all our products.
- Flexibility. More mounting options, flash patterns, and input/output options are now available, which also match other available products.
- Value. Extra features include a built-in audible push button option for both the R820-F and R920-F. Shared common parts between all models help keep costs down and make cross-product replacement simple.
Our product selector tool can help you find a suitable product for your project.Explore all traffic products