R920-E Solar Rectangular Rapid Flashing Beacon
Find the spec sheet, user manual, and general product information for the R920-E Rectangular Rapid Flashing Beacon.
R920-E Rectangular Rapid Flashing Beacon
An MUTCD-compliant, pedestrian-activated warning beacon for uncontrolled marked crosswalks.
- The R920-E is the benchmark for Rectangular Rapid Flashing Beacons (RRFBs)
- Ultra-efficient optics and Energy Management System (EMS)
- Compact design to simplify installation
- Proven technology platform
- Meets and exceeds MUTCD requirements, including IA-21
With its highly efficient and compact design, installation is quick and uncomplicated, dramatically reducing installation costs. Retrofitting can be done where existing sign bases are used to enhance existing marked crosswalks in minutes, and new installations can be completed without the cost of larger poles, new bases, and trenching.
FAST FACT: RRFBs have been found to provide vehicle yielding rates between 72% and 96% for crosswalk applications, including 4 lane roadways with average daily traffic (ADT) exceeding 12,000*.
* U.S. Department of Transportation Federal Highways Administration, Publication No. FHWA-HRT-10-043 – “Effects of Yellow Rectangular Rapid-Flashing Beacons on Yielding at Multilane Uncontrolled Crosswalks”